Buccan, Clay Conley’s eclectic new restaurant in Palm Beach, will be open this Sunday for brunch. The menu’s still evolving, but so far, he’s come up with this:
- Shrimp and grits: large shrimp with aged cheddar grits, sherry and red peppers
- Buttermilk soaked fried chicken: crispy fried chicken with black pepper gravy, country mashed potatoes
- Ham and egg pizza: Wood-fired pizza with ham, eggs, fontina and asparagus
- Butternut squash beignets: traditional beignet batter encasing spiced butternut squash
- Egg Benedict: Poached eggs with fire-roasted heirloom tomatoes and smoky bacon
All-you-can-drink mimosas, bloody Marys and house-made sangria are $25. Guitarist Bryan Bobo will perform during brunch – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Conley’s already stirring up the island with the hot-dog panini and a few other dishes not found on any other menus. Limited choices from his regular menu will be available at brunch, but most of the items are brunch-only. They open again for dinner at 5 p.m.
- 350 S. County Road, Palm Beach
- 561-833-3450; buccanpalmbeach.com
- Open daily from 5-11 p.m. for dinner (till midnight Friday-Saturday); 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for Sunday brunch