An al fresco tasting party along the waterfront in downtown West Palm Beach next Friday kicks off 2011’s Flavor Palm Beach, the month-long dining event in Palm Beach County.
The discount dining promotion, with a number of restaurants again participating, starts September 1.
The preview party offers diners a chance to sample foods and cocktails from a number of restaurants in the downtown area. Live entertainment, an ice sculpture carving, dance performances and more are scheduled. The party part is free; dining tickets for tastings are $35 in advance, or $40 at the door. The money benefits the Greater Palm Beach Area Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Restaurants offering samples of foods and cocktails or wine include Pistache French Bistro, The Wine Dive, Longboards, Roxy’s Pub, Duffy’s Sport’s Grill, Don Ramon’s, Off the Hookah, Morton’s Steakhouse, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, City Cellar Wine Bar Grill, Cabana Nuevo Latino and others. Diners get to vote on the “Best Bite” offered by the restaurants.
For tickets, visit the Flavor Palm Beach website.
Flavor means discounted lunch and dinners
Beginning September 1, more than 30 county restaurants will be offering three-course prix-fixe menus for $20 at lunch, and $30 at dinner as a way to introduce new diners to their eateries and thank returning area patrons. Most participated in last year’s event; a few are new, such as 32 East in Delray Beach and 3800 Ocean at the Singer Island Marriott.
Those participating at this writing include:
Northern Palm Beach County
- III Forks – Palm Beach Gardens
- Cafe Chardonnay – Palm Beach Gardens
- Capital Grille – Palm Beach Gardens
- Ironwood Grille- Palm Beach Gardens
- Ruth’s Chris – North Palm Beach
- 3800 Ocean at the Marriott Resort and Spa – Singer Island
- Talay Thai – Palm Beach Gardens
- The Bistro – Jupiter
Central Palm Beach County
- Cafe Boulud – Palm Beach*
- Charlies Crab – Palm Beach (excludes Fri. and Sat. night)*
- City Cellar – West Palm Beach
- Ruth’s Chris – West Palm Beach
- Renato’s – Palm Beach*
- The Restaurant at the Four Seasons- Palm Beach
- Morton’s The Steakhouse- West Palm Beach*
- Pistache French Bistro – West Palm Beach
Southern Palm Beach County
- 32 East -Delray Beach*
- Capital Grille – Boca Raton
- City Oyster – Delray Beach
- Morton’s The Steakhouse- Boca Raton*
- Rack’s Downtown Eatery and Tavern – Boca Raton
- Ruth’s Chris – Boca Raton
- Table 42 – Boca Raton (excludes Wed. night)
* Dinner is $35.
To see the menus for the participating restaurants, and for information about the program, go to the Flavor website, flavorpalmbeach.com.