Best deal of the season: Taylor Morgan, publisher of My Hot Chefs calendars, is offering all remaining certificates for restaurants in the calendar for $25 off – you get 10 for $10 – for several local restaurants. (Let me help you with the math: That’s a value of $250 for $10.) If you only use one, you’ve more than doubled your money.
There are restrictions:
- You must use them by Dec. 30, 2011. (exception: Cafe Boulud certificate expires Nov. 30, 2011.)
- Certificates for dinner only (exception: Cafe Boulud valid at lunch and dinner.)
- Valid Sunday-Thursday only (exception: Talay Thai, valid all week). Not valid holidays.
- You must spend $50 before the $25 comes off the check.
- An 18 percent tip will be added on the original check total (except City Cellar – see below).
- They’re valid for food and drinks, dining-in only.
- Only one certificate allowed per table of diners.
- Not valid with any other dining discount.
- Certificates have no cash value.
Buy 10 ($25) certificates for $10 for any of these restaurants – or all from one if you choose:
- Talay Thai, Palm Beach Gardens – valid every night except holidays.
- Cafe Boulud, Palm Beach – valid for lunch and dinner, but expire Nov. 30, 2011.
- City Cellar at CityPlace, West Palm Beach – tip not included; diners are expected to tip on full value of meal.
- Couco Pazzo, Lake Worth
- Dada, Delray Beach
- Carmen’s at the Top of the Bridge, Boca Raton – requires reservation.
- Bistro Mezzaluna, Ft. Lauderdale
- Lola’s on Harrison, Hollywood
- Ortanique on the Mile, Coral Gables
To buy or to get information, email email@example.com and include your email address with your order. Choose multiple restaurants or choose all of one or two. An invoice will be sent to you before your certificates can be mailed. Read restrictions on each certificate before using.
Oktoberfest – half off tickets, through weekend
The biggest oompah and beer event in South Florida is half off through the Daily Deals. Tickets to the American German Club Oktoberfest in Lantana are only $7 through the Daily Deal.
It’s one of the longest-running fests in the area, put on by such a small committee – it’s mind boggling how they handle it.
Beer, brats, authentic German bands and dancers, kiddie rides and more – all here over two weekends in October – Oct. 7-9 and Oct. 14-16.
You can buy as many as you like, but the deal is closing out in less than 60 hours.
Eat sushi = help breast cancer research
Buddha Sky Bar in Delray Beach is thinking pink with a “Pink Menu” to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. $1 will be donated from each item ordered off the Pink Menu through October. Spicy tuna roll in pink soy paper, a pomegranate punch with pink pomegranate vodka, a har gau dim sum dumpling, made with beets to turn it pink are among items on the Pink menu.
Buddha Sky Bar is at 217 E. Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach; 561-266-9898.
RA Sushi restaurants will donated all the profits from the sale of ONEHOPE wine and a Pink Roll combination to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The deal includes a glass of ONEHOPE California Chardonnay and the Pink roll – shrimp, kani kama crab mix and srirach, wrapped in pink soy paper, served with a strawberry sauce.
RA Sushi is at Downtown at the Gardens in Palm Beach Gardens, Pembroke Pines and South Miami.