The witty folks at Prosecco Cafe are hedging bets, and have created the Last Supper, referencing 12/21/12 – The *Day the World Will (Supposedly) End As We Know It. That asterisk covers the big “if.” If you believe those centuries old predictions that have gone through several interpretations, mutations and miscalculations, primarily.
We’re not here to argue facts vs. myths vs. Edgar Cayce – we’re just telling you about a pretty fun sounding dinner at a pretty fair price – and, better yet, a chance to party like the world is ending.
They’ve moved the date up to Wednesday – 12/12/12 for the meal. Maybe they’re dyslexic. (They really should wait – then they wouldn’t have to wash dishes).
Anyway, Savor Tonight and The Wine Hooch are teaming to sponsor the five-course dinner with wines. Check out the menu:
- 1st Course — Grilled pita served with a medley of Mediterranean dips. Wine: Prosecco – Avissi D.O.C Treviso Hills, Veneto, Italy
- 2nd Course — Ahi tuna and cod ceviche. Wine: Ramón Bilbao Valiñas Albariño, Rias Baixas, Spain
- 3rd Course — Crispy duck confit on a waffle and maple-glazed beet sauce. Wine: Windsor Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
- 4th Course — Bone-in short ribs served atop a crispy potato cake. Wine: Murrieta’s Well “The Spur” Livermore Valley, California
- Dessert — Death by chocolate. Wine: Graham’s Six Grapes Reserve Port Douro Valley, Portugal
Grab your best buds and party for maybe the last time. Well, at least, the last time on 12-12-12.
Information on reservations is below. Here’s a tip: Pay by credit card – in case the world does end, or at least shuts down due to magnetic pole reversal.
Prosecco’s Last Supper
- Prosecco Cafe
- 4580 PGA Blvd., The Commons, Palm Beach Gardens
- 7 p.m., December 12, 2012
- Cost: $59 when purchased by 12/4/12; $69 after that. Fee includes meal and wine, tax and tip.
- For tickets: www.savortonight.com/event-registration/?ee=18