It’s paella season – who knew? Two chances to get in on it this week, both for charities.
The Secret Garden Cafe is the new name for the cafe at Boynton’s Ocean Ave. Green Market. Long a favorite for its special fish dinners (they had a cult following) on the weekend, now they present paella – with a wine tasting to go with it.
Red and white Spanish wines will be served by PRP Wines for the tastings, and the paella comes from the Community Kitchens, which the dinner supports. Donation is $10 for the tasting. The full Paella buffet dinner includes sangria, a Caesar salad, and bruschetta with paella, for $28 ($10 donated to charity).
Secret Garden Cafe
- 410 E. Boynton Beach Blvd., Boynton Beach
- Paella dinner: 5 p.m. Thursday, June 23, 5-9 p.m.
- Cost: $10 for wine tasting and paella sampling; $28 for full paella dinner with sangria.
For the Farmworkers
Another paella party is Friday at Don Ramon Restaurant to mark the end of the harvest season in Palm Beach County. The popular Cuban restaurant will serve up huge dishes of the famous Spanish seafood-and-rice melange.
For $20, diners get a paella dinner, and live entertainment – and the Farmworker Council of the Palm Beaches gets the proceeds.
- 7101 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach
- 561-547-8704; donramonrestaurant.com
- Paella party: 7-9 p.m., Friday, June 24
- Tickets: $20 per person; call 561-533-7227.