From the Top of the Point, The Breakers’ sky-high restaurant in downtown West Palm Beach, a new chef has cooked up a prix-fixe U.S. regional menu for diners looking for a little taste of home.
Now through October 1, you can travel to regions such as Door County, Wisc.; Big Sky country, Mont.; Napa Valley; La La Land (Los Angeles); Santa Fe, N.M.; Tejas and finally, The Big Easy through their regional cuisines. The three-course menu from Chef Brian Schuyler changes weekly.
The Wisconsin menu will please those from the dairy country, starting with cheese curds. (Diners choose one from each course.) This menu is in effect through Saturday, Aug. 20.
The dinner’s modestly priced at $39.50, plus tax and tip, with a bird’s-eye view of the waterfront and city lights, The Breakers’ notorious crisp service and validated parking thrown in. The promotion ends October 1; it’s a summer special only. A regular menu is available.
Smart diners will arrive between 5 and 7 p.m. to get in on the Happy Hour at the bar, where well-chosen wines and good cocktails are served with house potato chips. A dress note: We noted most men were wearing sport coats, but they’re not required. Dress shorts are permitted.
Top of the Point
- 777 S. Flagler Dr., (Club Level of Phillip’s Point East Tower), West Palm Beach
- 561-832-2424; www.thebreakers.com/restaurants_lounges/top_of_the_point
- Road Trip Menu: Tuesday-Saturday through Oct. 1, from 6-9 p.m., Tuesday-Thursday; to 10 p.m., Friday-Saturday
- Reservations: Recommended
- Dress: Casual chic to smart business. No tank tops or T-shirts.