It’s made with a “batter” that you freeze, and use throughout the hot-buttered-rum season. Anytime works for me – it’s so delicious.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 1.5 ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon batter (recipe follows)
- Hot boiling water
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for garnish
Add rum and batter to glass mug. Add boiling water to fill and stir. Serve with dollop of whipped cream or spoon of vanilla ice cream if desired.
Makes 1 drink.
Hot Buttered Rum Batter
- 1 pound butter, room temperature
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
Add all the ingredients except the ice cream to a bowl and stir to combine. Add the ice cream and stir again. Transfer to a container with a lid, seal and store in the freezer. (Ideally, the batter is prepared at first frost and finished before the robins arrive. Bring it out for parties, or whenever the temperature drops below 25 degrees – or your comfort zone.)
(Recipe and photo from Liquor.com)