Thanksgiving’s a big chore that’s a week in the making and 1 hour in the devouring. Some savvy cooks get help with some of the food – or the whole meal. Others go out to eat and never wash a dish.
Restaurants and caterers to the rescue! Here are some restaurants and catering options for Thanksgiving Dinner. Reserve seats today if going out – they do go quickly. For foods to go, make the call this weekend or by Monday at the latest. Many have cut-off times for ordering.
Call the venues for further details on seating times, etc. Note: Any prices listed are subject to change and do not include tax and tips or beverages.
Le Bistro, 4626 N. Federal Highway, Lighthouse Point. 954-946-9240; www.lebistrorestaurant.com
- Highlights: 4-course traditional dinner with choice of entree – carved roast turkey, braised lamb shank, filet of cod or mustard-crusted roast beef sirloin. $29 per person; $12 for children 12 and under.
Sublime (vegetarian), 1431 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 954-615-1431; www.sublimerestaurant.com
- Highlights: Gardein “turkey”, or stuffed roasted acorn squash dinners. Reservations before Monday, Nov. 21, 2011 are $39, adults; $29 children 12 and under; after Monday, add $10.
PALM BEACH COUNTY
Jake’s Stone Crab, 514 Via De Palmas Boca Raton; 561-347-1055; www.jakesstonecrab.com
- Highlights: Traditional roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings – with stone crabs available. Noon to close. $25 adults; $12.50 for children under 6.
Rosario’s Restaurant, 145 SE Mizner Blvd., Boca Raton; 561-393-0758; www.rosariosristorante.com
- Highlights: Traditional turkey dinner menu served along with regular menu, all day starting at 3:30 p.m.
Legal Sea Foods, 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton; 561-447-2112; www.legalseafoods.com
- Highlights: Along with traditional dinner of turkey with sausage dressing, squash, cranberry sauce and more, stuffed lobster and various seafood items from the regular menu are available. Turkey dinner, $21.95 adults; $7.95 for kids.
The Atlantic Grille, at The Seagate Hotel & Spa, 1000 E Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach; 561-665-4900; www.theatlanticgrille.com
- Highlights: Full blown Thanksgiving Day ala carte menu includes roasted turkey with chestnut dressing, sweet mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus, carrots and cranberry relish for $30; additional fall dishes available as well as the regular menu. Items at ala carte pricing.
Deck 84, 840 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach; 561-665-8484; wwwdeck84.com
- Highlights: Floribbean Thanksgiving such as conch chowder, macadamia crusted snapper, along with a traditional Thanksgiving and regular menus offered. Ala carte pricing. (Note: waterfront, with docks available.)
SpoonFed, 217 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach; 561-450-7557; www.spoonfeddelray.com
- Highlights: Traditional turkey with herb stuffing and vegetables including “burnt” Brussels sprouts, housemade desserts. Regular SpoonFed menu with housemade pastas and entrees also served all day. $28 adults; $15 children 12 and under.
The Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach, 100 S. Ocean Blvd., Manalapan; 561-540-4924; www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/palm_beach
- Highlights: Plymouth Rock style dinners in the Cabanas – seafood along with with traditional items such as citrus-brined turkey, stuffing and multitude of vegetables and desserts. For parties of 4 to 8; $150 per adult (includes 1 bottle of wine); kids 12 and up are $50; children under 12 free. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner served as buffet in the main resort dining rooms; $95 adults; $40 children 6-12 (free for 5 and under).
The Four Seasons, Palm Beach, 2800 S. County Road, Palm Beach; 561-582-2800; www.fourseasons.com/palm_beach
- Highlights: Several choices, including The Restaurant buffet with traditional holiday and gourmet fare, $100 adults; $35 kids 5-12; The Ocean Bistro, a family buffet at lunch, $45 adults; $25 kids 5-12; a 3-course dinner, $55 adults. Also available, a kids-only buffet in the Atlantic Bar and Grill. Special Hotel Chocolate Bar and S’Mores overlooking the ocean available for desserts for parties of 6 or more; reservations required for all.
The Breakers: 1 South County Road, Palm Beach; 561-659-8488 for dining reservations; www.thebreakers.com
- Highlights: Main Thanksgiving Feast Buffet served in the Ponce de Leon Ballroom; $125 adults; $50 for children 12 and under. (Includes one pumpkin pie to go per family.) At The Flagler Steakhouse, a 3-course turkey dinner menu is served 3-9 p.m.; $75 and $35 for kids 12 and under.
Cafe Boulud, 301 Australian Ave., Palm Beach; 561-655-6060; www.cafeboulud.com
- Highlights: 3-course menu offered in dining room and on courtyard. Selections include roasted beet salad, pate forestiere, roast turkey with chestnut and sourdough dressing. Fish, red meat and vegetarian options are available. Call for pricing. (Note: Courtyard is open-air dining.)
Sinclair’s Ocean Grill at the Jupiter Beach Resort, 5 N. Highway A1A, Jupiter; 561-745-7129; www.jupiterbeachresort.com
- Highlights: 3-course Thanksgiving Day dinner with choice of roast turkey, roast half duck, pineapple glazed ham or oregano peppered pork loin. Also, traditional Thanksgiving Day Buffet with appetizer, dessert, entree, salad and cold stations. Sit-down dinner is $34.95 or $14.95 for kids under 12; buffet is $42.95 adults or $19.95 for kids under 12.
Downtown West Palm Beach
E.R. Bradley’s Saloon: 104 Clematis St., West Palm Beach downtown; 561-833-3520; www.erbradleys.com
- Highlights: Regular menu served along with special Thanksgiving menu with turkey and all the trimmings. $22 adults; $12 kids. (Note: Waterfront and open-air dining.)
Pistache French Bistro, 101 Clematis St., West Palm Beach; 561-833-5090; www.pistachewpb.com
- Highlights: 3-course Thanksgiving dinner, includes chestnut apple soup, Sweetbreads Napoleon, traditional turkey dinner and more. $39 adults; $19 children.
In CityPlace, West Palm Beach (Okeechobee and Rosemary Avenue, West Palm Beach:
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: Highlights – 3-course traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. $34.95; kids menu $12. Note: Opens at 2 p.m.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Highlights – 3-course mix-and-match Thanksgiving Dinner menu. $23.95; $7.95 for kids. Open from 11:30 a.m.
- B.B. King’s Blues Club: Highlights – Southern style Thanksgiving dinner with roast turkey breast and gravy, cornbread dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, pie. $19.99.
- Taverna Opa: Highlights – Mediterranean Thanksgiving Dinner.
Top of the Point, 777 Flagler Dr., (in Phillips Point East), West Palm Beach; (561) 832-2424; www.thebreakers.com
- Highlights: 3-course traditional Thanksgiving menu, 2-7 p.m. Adults $80; kids 12 and under, $25. (Note: Spectacular view from 12th floor dining room.)
TAKE OUT THANKSGIVING MEALS
Publix Markets, GreenWise, Whole Foods – multiple locations
- Highlights: Turkey dinners to go available by pre-ordering at deli/meat counter for pickup day before.
TooJay’s Deli – multiple locations; www.toojays.com
- Highlights: Carbed turkey or turkey dinners and holiday desserts available for ordering and pick-up. Some delivery available for large parties.
Darbster, 8020 N. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach; 561-586-2622; www.darbster.com
- Highlights: Vegetarian foods. Roasted vegetarian “turkey,” sweet potato pudding, Take out some or all of the vegetarian or raw Thanksgiving day meal. Available for pick-up Thanksgiving morning.
Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach (See above)
- Highlights: Turkey-to-Go (Pick up only). Full Thanksgiving dinner, cooked, for pick up at the hotel.
CCC Green Market Cafe and Incubator Kitchens, 410 E. Boynton Beach Blvd., Boynton Beach; 561-752-8598.
- Highlights: “Ready to eat” turkey dinner – turkey, green bean casserole, candied yams, sage bread stuffing and pumpkin pie. Pick up on Thanksgiving Eve. $35 for a 12-14 pound turkey with sides and 9-inch pie to feed 6 to 10 people. $35. Call 561-752-8598. Must pre-order.
WANT A PIE? OR PUMPKIN BREAD FOR YOUR HOST?
Several places offer pies and desserts to finish your meal. For most, you MUST have your order in on Monday before Thanksgiving; many must be picked up Thanksgiving Eve.
- Pamela’s Pies, 640 S. Dixie Highway, Lantana; 561-632-5520
- Christy’s NY Cheesecake Bakery, 10160 Forest hill Blvd., Wellington; 561-795-3244
- Upper Crust, 2015 N. Dixie Highway, Lake Worth; 561-586-5456
- TooJay’s Deli – multiple locations; www.toojays.com
- Field of Greens, in CityPlace (561-820-2465); Downtown at The Gardens (561-625-0036) and Wellington (561) 795-4345. Pumpkin bread only. www.fieldofgreensonline.com