Kick off your weekend next week with a fun wine-and-nibble event downtown West Palm Beach.
Pairings is set for May 29, 5:30-9 p.m. all along Clematis Street.
More than 25 downtown businesses will be participating, with most restaurants offering a signature tasting from their menus, along with a small cocktail or wine sample.
Diners will pick up their tickets and a map in front of City Hall on the 400 block of Clematis to check off all the spots offering samples, then walk the area to get their food and drink.
Some of the restaurants playing along include Leila, Hullabaloo, O’Shea’s Irish PUb, the Wine Dive and Rocco’s Tacos. Visit wpbgo.com to get all relevant details of who’s in.
The charity partner for the event is Families First of Palm Beach County. They’ll get a portion of the ticket sales.
Do’s and Don’ts
Time for a refresher on how to do tastings and be a good guest at these events.
- These are samples, not full plates. Don’t expect a meal at any of them. Do expect a one- or two-bite offering.
- What you see is what you get. No, they can’t take the tuna out of the sushi or make the beef tenderloin chip a vegetarian offering. Just quit it.
- They won’t serve your beverage in a real glass – it’s to do with legal stuff and safety. And don’t push them to “pour more.” They have a limited amount for the evening and aren’t acting as a bar. You want more? Hit one of the bars – you have dozens of options here.
- Don’t pick up three plates or glasses. One each. Thank you.
- Don’t be the guy who tags along with a group without getting a ticket and hopes for freebies. Pay to play – it’s for charity!
- If there’s a line, wait your turn patiently. Make new friends.
- Let the restaurant know you liked it – if you did. Go back and support these locally owned restaurants who are hoping for your business.
- Have a great time – but designate a driver if you’re worried that you had too much fun.
- This is a public event in a public street with people who have cell phones. Words for the wise: Instagram and YouTube.
Pairings West Palm Beach Downtown
- Where: Downtown West Palm Beach
- When: 5:30-9 p.m., May 29 (Thursday)
- Cost: $25 in advance; $30 day-of
- Tickets and information: wpbgo.com