If you’re into competitive eating, and think you can sweat this one out, go on down to the Wicked Awesome Snack Bar (Glades Road and U.S. 441) and get registered. $10 buys your spot at the table and there are multiple prizes. Just bring your own antacids and a “relief” bucket. Must be 21 to enter, and it’s a good idea to be a chilehead, or at least have a tolerance for hot stuff – one meatball in each contestant’s bucket will be ultra-hot with a mix of peppers, including ghost peppers. The one who eats and keeps down the most meatballs in 10 minutes wins.
Top prize is one of every beer served.
If you want to watch, here’s the info on the contest:
Wicked Awesome Snackbar
- 20642 S. S.R. 7 (US 441), Boca Raton
- Hot and Sweaty Meatball Eating Contest, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18
- $10 entry fee; must be over 21 to enter.
- Information: At the website, facebook.com/events/273433069432738/
- About the Snackbar: wickedawesomesnacks.com