The newest farm-to-table restaurant, Market 17 in Fort Lauderdale, is the site of the December Slow Foods Glades to Coast dinner. The dinner celebrates the Terra Madre Conference held at Torino, Italy and a slide show about this year’s international conference will be shown at the dinner.
Chef Daniel Ramos of Market 17 has created the following menu for the four-course meal:
- Amuse Bouche- Flavors of Nature Tasting: Buzz button, basil flowers, fennel flowers, red vein sorrel, lemon balm
- Palmetto Creek Farm braised pork shoulder with ricotta gnocchi, rosemary tomato ragu, parmesan cheese, kalamata olives, preserved lemon
- Wild Ocean rock shrimp with creamed leek polenta, garlic thyme butter sauce, Swank Farm raw baby root vegetables and baby lettuce salad
- Deep Creek Ranch beef shank, housemade country beef sausage, yukon potato puree, baby turnips & roasted cipolini onion sauce
- Seasonal fruit tart, whipped Turtle Creek goat cheese, pastry cream, Tropical Delights micro herbs
Market 17 Slow Food Dinner
- Where: Market 17, 1850 S.E. 17th St., Ft. Lauderdale
- Phone: 954.835.5507; www.market17.net
- When: Thursday, Dec. 9, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cost: $65 ($60 for Slow Food members). Portion of proceeds benefits SFGTC school
- RSVP, required: Make reservation and pay on Slow Food Glades to Coast web site: http://slowfoodgladestocoast.com/DECEMBER-EVENTS-2010.html